James Patterson
Final Post For This Book
Quarter 1
The ending of the book, like in any crime investigation book, is what the reader looks forward to while reading everything that comes before it. One important theme in the book is that a profession can become extremely overpowering, and even if you love what you do, family always comes first. As detective Cross tries to solve two different murder cases, he finds that he is more aggravated with the murderer killing small black children that go to his son's school, than the killer murdering celebrities. When Cross is finished solving both cases, and can spend time with his two kids and grandmother, who raised him and helped to raise his kids, is what he truly cherishes in life. I greatly enjoyed the book! All detective mysteries have me on the edge of my seat and keep me wondering if the murder(s) will be solved and by whom. I also love that James Patterson uses dramatic irony so the reader finds out who is committing the murders before the detectives and is able to follow the story from their perspective. Patterson wrote at least 10 books with Detective Cross and I have now read 3 with Cross and even more books by Patterson without him.
I also enjoyed this novel. Patterson does a good job getting the reader to empathize with Cross. What will you read next?
ReplyDeleteI want to read all of the Alex Cross novels, but that doesn't offer variety. I just stared Unwind which is a teen sci-fi book very similar to Scott Westerfeld's books which I read every one of.
ReplyDelete